Each year, the Portage Hospital Auxiliary awards scholarships to outstanding local college students who are pursuing a career in the healthcare field. The funds are raised through the Lights of Love project. Scholarships are paid directly to the student's school.
- Complete one year of higher education before the fall of this year
- Be pursuing a career in healthcare
- Be a registered resident of Houghton, Keweenaw, Ontonagon or Baraga county
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Provide a transcript of grades
- Complete the scholarship application (Download PDF here)
- In a letter, briefly outline career intent, volunteer work and financial need. Include phone number and e-mail address.
Please mail your application, letter and eligibility information to:
Portage Health Auxiliary
c/o Human Resources
500 Campus Drive
Hancock, MI 49930
All scholarship letters and applications must be postmarked no later than April 1.
For more information about the scholarship program, please e-mail email@example.com or call (906) 483-1561 or (800) 573-5001 (toll-free).