Preparing for Admission
If you are heading to our hospital for a stay, we want to make sure that you and your family are well informed and prepared for a successful and safe hospital experience. Our goal is to not just meet, but to exceed your expectations from the moment you arrive at UP Health System - Portage and throughout your stay.
Please let us know if you have any questions as you prepare for your stay. You may reach us at (906) 483-1000. If you would like more information about your specific service or procedure, visit our Services page.
What to bring
- Health insurance information
- A valid photo ID
- Provider order and other paperwork provided by your provider's office
- Emergency contact numbers
- Copies of advance directives
- All your current medications to be recorded upon admission
- A list of any questions you may have regarding your procedure or your stay
- Comfortable pajamas or gowns
- Bedroom slippers
- Your own pillow
- Pen and notepad
- Books, crossword puzzles or needlework
- Toiletry items and cosmetics
All items should be marked with your name.
You might want to bring some comfortable clothes. You can’t always wear them right away, but, once you’re able to, you may be more comfortable in your own clothes.
What not to bring
- Wedding rings
- Credit cards
- Other valuables
Bringing a small amount of cash for discretionary spending is OK.
Do your homework before heading to the hospital
- Know what your insurance does—and doesn’t—cover and which charges you might be responsible for paying.
- Make a list of emergency telephone numbers of family and friends.
- Make a list of your current medications and give it to your healthcare team.
- Share other vital information, such as any allergies you might have.
Gifts for patients
Gifts, flowers and balloons are welcomed. But please make certain that the patient, and his or her hospital roommate, doesn’t have a specific allergy.
- If you have a roommate, please be considerate.
- Ask about guidelines for visitors.
- Find out any special visitor guidelines for the part of the hospital you are in and let your visitors know. If you’re in the intensive care unit, for example, the guidelines will be different than if you’ve just delivered a baby.
- Know our visiting hours and let your visitors know. If someone cannot visit during the posted visiting hours, the hospital staff will try to work with you and your visitor.
- Children usually are permitted, but must be accompanied by an adult.
- Visitors might be asked to step outside when a patient or roommate is undergoing a procedure.
Getting answers during your stay
- If you have questions,make a list and present it to your doctor when he or she makes rounds.
- You might want to keep a notebook of the doctor’s answers.
- Ask questions about care, tests and medications.
- If your doctor writes a prescription, ask him for what it addresses. You have the right to know as a patient.
Speaking for you in case you can't speak for yourself
Designate a family member with whom your doctor and other caregivers may speak about your condition. The doctor and other members of our medical staff will give information to that person, who can relay it to the rest of the family.
Make out an advance directive. Find out more here.
There is no smoking on UP Health System - Portage property. Our campus is smoke free for the health of our patients and visitors.
If abstaining from smoking will be difficult for you during your stay, you may want to talk about that with your doctor in advance.
If you are ill, please avoid visiting the hospital. We try to maintain a healthy atmosphere in our hospital, and we ask people with colds, flu or other contagious diseases not to visit while they are sick.
Help getting home
Anticipate the support you might need for discharge or at home. Most patients require help getting home from the hospitals, and some support once they are there. Our nursing staff and social workers will help you in that regard.
For Patients & Visitors
- About Us
- Appointments & Admissions
- Billing & Insurance
- Community Health Needs Assessment
- Gift Shop
- Information for Visitors
- Medical Records
- Non-Discrimination Notice
- Patient Portal
- Sponsorship Request
- Thank Your Doc
- Visiting Hours
- Wireless Internet