Randell Named 2016 Mercy Award Winner
April 21, 2016
HANCOCK, Mich. – UP Health System – Portage named Mark Randell as the hospital’s 2016 Mercy Award winner on Thursday (April 21). The Mercy Award recognizes one employee from each of LifePoint Health’s more than 60 hospitals, including UP Health System - Portage, who profoundly touches the lives of others and best represents the spirit and values on which the company was founded.
The Mercy Award program is an annual recognition that was established in 2002 to honor the life of Scott Mercy, LifePoint’s founding chairman and chief executive officer (CEO). The Mercy Award is considered the highest honor a LifePoint employee can receive.
“At UP Health System – Portage, we share LifePoint’s commitment to making communities healthier, and we recognize that this is supported by the good work and service of our employees on and off the job,” said CEO Jeff Lang. “We are extremely proud to recognize Mark for his efforts on behalf of our patients and our community. Mark brings his energy, commitment, and kindness to work each and every day to ensure that every person he encounters is treated with the highest level of care and compassion. He is a true role model employee here at Portage.”
Randell has been at Portage for 11 years and currently serves as the Director of Rehab & Sports Medicine. He is a strong advocate for Portage within the community and continuously works to create awareness of services Portage offers. Mark serves on numerous committees and is always thinking about what is best for his department, the hospital, and UP Health System.
Mark has been involved within the hockey community for several years, spending much of his free time at youth hockey games, always checking in on injured players on and off the ice to offer free medical services and advice to the young players. Mark’s community leadership is something he doesn’t seek recognition for but is willing do whatever he can to help people in need.
Each hospital winner, including Mark, will be considered for LifePoint’s 2016 company-wide Mercy Award. The company-wide winner will be announced this summer and honored during a ceremony in Nashville, Tennessee, in August, to which Mark and all hospital winners are invited to attend.
Other UPHS-Portage Mercy Award Nominees:
- Monica Aho (Physical Therapist)
- Ryan Clements (IT Support Specialist)
- Darcy Donnelly (Quality Director)
- Joni Erkkila (HR Coordinator)
- Robert Greenhoe (IT Support Supervisor)
- Trina Gustafson (RN – IPU)
- Su-shen Hung (Elder Associate)
- Adam Kerry (Ortho Tech)
- Michele LaCourt (Surg Services Scheduling Coord)
- Catherine Manderfield (Clinical HR Coordinator)
- Colleen Mayra (Pharmacy Specialist)
- Rebekka Mikkola (Executive Secretary - PMG Admin)
- Susan Mills (Occupational Therapist)
- Jena Riutta (Clinic RN – Podiatry)
- Ann Snow (Retail Pharmacy Coordinator)
- Christina Verran (Clinic Supervisor – Surgery Suite)